At AB, every time we talk to you about quality, we feel really satisfied and responsible.
Recognised quality, which is closely linked to our brand name and is a main goal of our company, is what we really want you to enjoy in every product and service we offer. This is achieved thanks to the coordinated and daily effort put forth by our people. It is based on the implementation of fixed procedures, strict specifications and ongoing monitoring. Our passion for quality is now called the “AB Quality Cycle”. The safety and hygiene of our products is at the very core of the “AB Quality Cycle” and each point thereof corresponds to a control we perform.
The “AB Quality Cycle” covers all product movement stages and every controllable parameter: from the preliminary evaluation and selection of our suppliers, the taking delivery, storage, transport and sale of our products, to after sales service. Building upon the knowledge and experience of the AB people, and using strict daily controls, the “Quality Cycle” is now the AB guarantee you can confidently trust. As you will see for yourselves, through a modern and well-organised framework of actions at each different level, we make sure nothing is left to chance.
Get acquainted with the multilevel AB control system which ensures the quality you enjoy in our stores on an everyday basis!
AB QUALITY CYCLE
...our passion for quality!
- with the knowledge and experience of our people
- with the high safety specifications we have set
- with the controls we perform ourselves
- with the product control which starts at primary production
- with the frequent laboratory tests performed on our products
- by using state-of-the-art equipment
- with effective organisation and our pursuit of ongoing improvement
- by strictly applying the “AB Quality Cycle” standards
- by trying to offer you only the best
We make sure that you can enjoy the unique AB quality and assurance guarantee in our stores on an everyday basis
Pre-selection and on-going evaluation
Our cooperation with all our suppliers, and especially with the ones already producing items under our private brand name (365 products, AB products, AB Close to Greek nature, etc.) requires, in addition to the development of mutual trust and transparency in our relations, the acceptance of AB policies for the production of these products, agreement with their specifications and origin of their raw materials, aimed naturally at the production of safe products of top quality only. For us at AB, the pre-selection, evaluation and final selection of suppliers is an extremely important task based on:
- our clear and firm requirements – policies that govern the production of the private label products
- the establishment of specifications and parameters that ensure the safety and quality of each individual product
- the notification of such specifications to our suppliers and the agreement on how to implement them
- verification of the suitability of the facilities, infrastructures, raw materials and production processes they use through any recognized certifications that they may have
- the performance of regular onsite inspections of the facilities to verify their suitability for producing not only safe foods but also their commitment towards continuous improvement as agreed
- the performance of regular unannounced tests and controls (organoleptic, laboratory etc.) on the products themselves to verify compliance with agreed specifications upon commencement of a partnership.
Taking delivery of products is always a very important procedure in ensuring high quality. AB ensures that the centralized taking delivery procedure and the performance of strict controls during this procedure always include:
- checking the suitability and cleanliness of the vehicles used for product delivery
- checking maintenance of the cold chain for fresh and perishable items
- checking the macroscopic characteristics (size, colour, shape, degree of freshness) of fresh products
- checking the expiry date of packaged items
- confirmation of the accuracy and completeness of the recognized markings and labelling on all items and the condition of their packaging
- verification of the special characteristics of certain products to see, for example if specific types of cheese are sufficiently mature.
Proper product storage is the key to preventing errors that would compromise product quality or even destroy the products. AB sees to it that all its products are stored in its private warehouses, at key points of the Greek road network, which:
- comply with very strict specifications for the safety of the products themselves and of the personnel employed in them
- have state-of-the-art operating infrastructures and specially designed areas for product unloading (refrigerated where required)
- employ experienced supervisors and workers, who undergo ongoing education and training
- are supported by an easy to use and functional computer system
- have separate storage sections for each product group, depending on the temperature requirements applicable to each item.
Product transport, although transport times are typically not very long, plays a major role in maintaining the quality of products, especially perishable ones. To transport products, AB uses a large, state-of-the-art, fleet of vehicles with:
- multi-temperature storage space, so as to transport various products simultaneously at different temperatures
- a factory-installed continuous temperature monitoring and recording system
- FRC-certified storage space, ensuring optimal refrigerating performance even at -25° C.
Lastly, as almost all transport operations take place at night, products always reach the stores on time and, naturally, in perfect condition.
Since quality is always our top priority, AB ensures that:
- state-of-the-art infrastructures and adequate spaces are available for all our items
- our staff benefit from ongoing training with regard to both general and special issues pertaining to foods and food quality
- such standardised procedures are implemented as provided for in the HACCP system, both for critical point monitoring and for checking predefined specifications for food enterprises. Among other things such procedures include:
- systematic temperature monitoring in fridges, and monitoring of products stored in them
- performance of cleaning and disinfection operations in all main and auxiliary spaces
- use of appropriate personal hygiene measures among workers (head covers, disposable gloves, etc.)
- regular laboratory control of products processed in the stores, and hygiene inspections in them, performed by specialized personnel, in order to further improve the quality assurance system.
All our efforts are directed towards living up to your expectations as regards the quality and variety of the products we offer, and our service. Thus your opinion about AB products and services is important to us, and we take it into account. For this reason we have made sure that all our stores are equipped with:
- A Hotline to be used for your comments, opinions and remarks. Through a special form prepared for that purpose, you can tell us anything you are unhappy about...and we will ensure that it is corrected immediately.
- A Red Bag for returning any product bought at an AB store, if there is a flaw in it. The problem will be looked into very carefully and you will be informed of the result of the examination.
- Information leaflets/manuals (with special link to the consumer’s manual)