AB TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE 'ΑΒ.GR' WEBSITE
• The public limited company registered as “ALFA – BETA VASSILOPOULOS SA”, with GCR number 000267201000 and TIN 094025817, trading as “AB VASSILOPOULOS .... even the bird’s milk” (hereinafter, “AB”) has created the website www.ab.gr to provide its users with information and services regarding the company and its operations, stores, products, collaborations etc.
• The use of www.ab.gr is governed by these terms and conditions, which must be carefully read and adhered to by all users. The use of www.ab.gr constitutes tacit acceptance of these terms, as same apply from time to time.
• Minors are forbidden from using the web pages and services of ab.gr which are aimed exclusively at adults by law. Nevertheless, if minors visit the site or use services aimed at adults of their own volition, AB bears no liability and assumes that parental consent has been given.
• AB may, at its own discretion, amend these Terms and Conditions of Use of AB.GR without prior notice, but it is required to immediately update these terms. Users of ab.gr may be informed of the date of last update to these terms from the relevant note on this website.
• In the event that any service provided through www.ab.gr is subject to more specific terms, then such terms shall be considered to form an integrated whole with these terms; however, in case of discrepancy, the more specific terms governing each particular service shall prevail.
• The invalidity of any of the terms herein does not render the remaining terms invalid. Failure by AB to exercise its rights under these terms does not imply its waiver of such rights. AB is not liable for the violation of these terms due to force majeure.
• Users of ab.gr using the e-shop service shall accept the respective terms and conditions (https://www.ab.gr/termsConditions-shop) governing the e-shop
CONTENTS – AB's LIABILITY
• The ab.gr website is used "as is", and users may not make any modifications or interventions.
• The content included in the specific site includes valid, current and legitimate information. AB makes every reasonable effort to ensure that all information or content in general provided through www.ab.gr is precise, accurate and complete. Under no circumstances shall AB bear any liability whatsoever towards any visitor or user of www.ab.gr for losses sustained as a result of obtaining outdated information through the website.
• AB's liability is limited solely to providing information related to its sectors of activity and the services it provides. Information on products that may be featured or provided through the website has been collected by producers and include details as required by laws in effect.
• AB is not liable for any claims of a legal or civil and/or criminal nature, nor for any losses (direct, special or consequential, which may include, but are not limited to, separately and/or in aggregate, loss of profits or data, loss of earnings, compensation, etc.) by visitors to the website or third parties for reasons whether related or not to the operation and/or use of the website and/or to the inability to provide services and/or information provided by it and/or services and/or information provided through the website.
• All ab.gr users/visitors are required to make legal and proper use of the website and to comply with these terms and conditions. All www.ab.gr users/visitors must refrain from any use of the content or services provided through the website which is illegal, illicit, abusive or contrary to fair dealing.
• The company and trade name, the trademark and any images, graphics, logos, texts or other content of any kind contained in the www.ab.gr website constitute protected intellectual and industrial property of AB and of the members of the Ahold Delhaize Group. Any trademarks, names or other intellectual or industrial property rights of third parties featured on the www.ab.gr website are protected under the applicable laws. Any copying, reproduction, dissemination, disposal, transmission or use of the above other than the uses explicitly permitted on the website is strictly prohibited.
• Any act contrary to Greek law or which may harm AB and/or third parties is expressly forbidden and includes but is not limited to:
1. causing harm, through use of the website, to any third party and particularly to minors in any manner;
2. intervening on the website for the purpose of misleading any third party as to the source of the website content for the ulterior purpose of causing harm to AB's image and reputation or endangering the security of transactions and/or interfering with free access to the specific website;
3. distorting the information contained therein which refers to products and/or services, as well as posting unsubstantiated and improperly supported information, news, opinions, and so on whose purpose is to mislead consumers, to directly or indirectly influence their behaviour and to harm AB and its products and/or services;
4. installing and/or promoting in any manner, any type of unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or unwanted e-mail (spam), chain letters, pyramid schemes and/or any other type of promotional content, as well as installing advertising messages without AB's written consent;
5. installing code or program files that could in any way cause the specific website to malfunction or that could interfere with its use by third parties.
• In the event where any of these terms is violated, AB reserves the right to exercise every legal means to defend and protect its interests, and offenders will be required to make good any damage caused to AB.
AVAILABILITY & NETWORK SECURITY
• AB is the sole owner of the specific website. As such, AB makes every possible effort to maintain it and make it available. Nevertheless, AB retains the right to modify and/or to temporarily or permanently interrupt all or part of the website with and/or without notice to users, as availability may depend on communication networks, large numbers of visitors and other causes. Under no circumstances is AB liable in the event that users cannot connect to the website.
• AB makes every possible effort to protect ab.gr from malicious software but it cannot guarantee that it will not fall prey to cyber-attack. As such, users should ensure their own mode of access is protected (e.g. by using anti-virus software, etc.) before using ab.gr.
• Users of the ab.gr website can create their own account. Through their personal account, users receive personalised information and are notified of new services, new products and special offers. Users can manage their contact preferences in the information they have entered on their personal web account in the corresponding section of the ab.gr website (My Details Communication Preferences). Users can respectively update the details they have entered on their personal account in the corresponding section of the account (My Details Update Details)
• For the creation of the personal account on the ab.gr website, users must first register by completing the online registration application.
• Each user is solely responsible for the information provided, which must be true and accurate. If AB ascertains that the information provided is not true, it may revoke the particular user's registration at a later date.
• The information that every user is required to provide when creating a personal account includes full name, email address and mobile phone number. The e-mail address must be real and complete; it must also be for the personal use and under the full control of the user. Users may, in order to be better served and for any other use of the ab.gr services, complete their profile with additional information, such as home or work address, landline and date of birth. Your address may be processed in our database in order to be cited accurately. For this reason, we ask that during the account creation process you enter your street in capital letters without abbreviations.
• Any natural person who is over 18 and has full legal capacity may create a personal account.
• When creating a personal account, users register a password of their choice. Use of the personal account requires only the e-mail address and password. This information is unique to each visitor/user and should not be disclosed to any third party. Users are solely responsible for any actions taken while using the e-mail address and password they have chosen and are required to notify AB immediately of any unauthorised use. AB is not liable under any circumstances for any damage suffered by the user.
AB.GR PERSONAL DATA
AB, as the controller, keeps on file and processes the personal data declared by the data subject, which in no case include special categories of data as defined in the European General Regulation 2016/679 on Data Protection ("GDPR").
When recording and processing personal data, AB, its employees and its servants shall comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR"), the applicable Greek data protection legislation and the decisions of the Data Protection Authority. In any case, the processing takes place in accordance with the choices made by the customer.
AB applies appropriate technical, material and organisational security measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access (including remote access) and against all other forms of unlawful processing (including unnecessary collection or further processing). Those measures ensure a level of security that is appropriate to the risk, taking into account the evolution of technology, implementation costs and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing.
AB maintains the privacy of personal data and does not disclose personal data in any way to any third parties unless the data subjects have been notified, except as expressly provided for in applicable law, such as where personal data must be disclosed to a competent public authority to comply with a legal obligation or when it is necessary for performing a contractual obligation. AB shall ensure that persons authorised to process personal data are bound by the same confidentiality obligations.
Personal data are collected for specified purposes and are not further processed. It is clarified that further processing for scientific or statistical purposes is not considered incompatible.
Any individual may request from AB access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing, or to exercise one of the data subject rights to object to processing, or to data portability. The request is submitted to AB Open Line (local fees and charges apply based on the applicable pricelist of the respective telecommunications provider). The request will be served within thirty (30) days.
Aims of Processing: AB processes the data provided by the data subjects in order to serve our business relationship with the data subjects and to provide the data subjects with updates, special content, offers and invitations to participate in surveys, competitions, etc., at the contact details indicated [address, email, mobile (SMS/Viber, etc.)].
Any data subject may modify the means of communication either through the AB website www.ab.gr or through the AB customer hotline, by calling 18202 (charge based on the applicable pricelist of each provider). Modification requests are processed within ten (10) business days.
4.10. Recipients of the data are third companies with which AB has been contracted either for content creation and sending communication, or for the conduct of research, the creation of offers, advertising companies, companies that provide support work for managing requests. Each company is committed to complying with AB's confidentiality and privacy policies and is required to comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR").
AB has appointed a Data Protection Officer; if you wish, you can contact them at email@example.com
• The application templates contained in www.ab.gr as well as the services and products provided based on these may be replaced/ modified/ repealed at any time by AB at its sole discretion. Users / visitors of www.ab.gr are prohibited from modifying or falsifying the application templates contained in www.ab.gr. In the event that any such action is ascertained, AB reserves the right to take action against those responsible, claiming compensation for any damages incurred.
• These terms and conditions are governed by the provisions of Greek Law, the Directives and Regulations of European Law and the relevant International provisions. The courts of Athens shall be responsible for the resolution of any dispute.
• AB VASSILOPOULOS carries out promotions either itself or in cooperation with third parties. These promotions are governed by the applicable terms posted on this web page and are binding on the participants and on AB VASSILOPOULOS. Under no circumstances shall AB VASSILOPOULOS be held liable for third-party competitions to which the visitor has access through a link to the third-party web page (Hyper Link) or using an application for mobile phones or tablets (mobile application) in which AB VASSILOPOULOS vouchers, products and/or services are provided as prizes. In general, AB VASSILOPOULOS does not bear any responsibility for third-party competitions / promotions, organised using any means, in which AB VASSILOPOULOS products/ services/ vouchers, etc. are provided as gifts, which competitions, under the terms governing them, have not been announced by AB VASSILOPOULOS or in which the company does not participate.
• Any issue regarding these terms and the website www.ab.gr can be addressed to the Customer Hotline 18 202
Last update 25/05/2018